Does RV Insurance Cover Contents?

If you are going to hit the open road in an RV, there are some things you should know before purchasing insurance. It is the law that you must maintain a minimum liability coverage in every state, but depending on the circumstances, you may need to consider what the insurance will cover and if your contents are also covered.

Covering Your Assets

If you are planning on having personal belongings with a high dollar value on board your RV, you are going to want to choose comprehensive insurance. Comprehensive insurance will cover you in the event of theft or fire, for instance, and will provide protection up to the covered dollar amount. If you have liability only, you are only going to cover any damage you cause to another vehicle. Make sure that you take into consideration the dollar amount of belongings such as stoves, refrigerators, and other belongings that will have a high cost to replace.

Living In Your RV?

If you are going to live in your RV, you are going to want to purchase full-time insurance. This is a complete insurance package that is designed to protect your RV much like homeowners’ insurance protects individuals who own a house. When you carry full-time insurance, you need to worry less in the event of an incident where you need complete protection. The cost for this coverage can vary, however, based on the class type you need. Luxury RVs would require class A for instance, and class B would be for travel trailers, campers, and vans. Class C is designed for cargo vans and other similar situations. For more information on RV insurance, or help with deciding which type is best for your needs contact Memphis, TN, Keltner Insurance.

Get helpful service from knowledgeable insurance agents from Memphis, TN, Keltner Insurance. Get out there and enjoy life in your RV without having to worry about your insurance coverage.